Here are natural toner and face mist recipes:
Rice water is the dense milky fluid that remains after you’ve washed the rice. It’s rich in vitamins B, C, and E, and other minerals with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities. It has many skin benefits.
1. Massaging your face with rice water makes the skin a lot smoother and radiant.
2. Rice water has properties that can enhance cell growth and stimulate blood flow. This helps make the skin tighter and removes pores.
3. The starch in rice water heals eczema, reducing inflammation of the skin.
Get some high quality rice.
Boil the water and add the rice. Cook for 5-10 minutes, then let it cool. Separate the rice and the water.
Rosewater is the distilled water produced by roses. Rose water was first used for its dermatological uses in ancient Egypt. A study called Pharmacological Effects of Rosa Damascena attests to the efficacy of rosewater. It’s rich in Vitamin C and has heavy anti-inflammatory qualities which makes it really beneficial for skin.
1. Rosewater helps make the skin more radiant and moisturized because it prevents bacteria and UV rays of the sun from stripping it off its moisture content.
2. It’s a great cleanser because of its astringent properties and helps remove the oil that clogs up the skin pores, making the skin more breathable and radiant.
3. Helps heal scars, cuts, and burns.
Pour rosewater in a container.
You can also make:
Rosewater + Oil + Vitamin E
Aloe Rose Toner
Combine Aloe Vera, Witch hazel, Rosewater, Hemp Seed Oil and Vitamin E.
Honey is the syrup produced by bees, and it acts as a great binding agent. A study on Honey in dermatology and skin care shows that all skin care products use at least a small quantity of honey in their composition. Honey is rich in vitamins A, C, D, E, and K, and in fructose and glucose, making it highly beneficial for the skin.
1. Honey is can absorb moisture from the atmosphere. Using it on your skin will ensure it remains hydrated.
2. Honey has enzymes and vitamins that can clear the pores of the skin.
3. Honey has rich antioxidant properties so it can help in the regeneration of new cells. This makes the skin more radiant, and fresh.
4. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties help soothe scars and irritation.
You can make:
Honey + Rosewater + Witch Hazel + Lemon
Combine all the ingredients and pour into a spray bottle.
Apple Cider Vinegar is the fermented juice derived after crushing several apples. It’s rich in a lot of important components, such as vitamins C, B1, B2, and B6, minerals such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium, and folic acid. According to a study, all of these components have many medicinal skin benefits.
1. The hydroxy acids will help in cell regeneration making the skin smoother, more radiant, and help slow down aging.
2. It has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which makes it ideal to treat pimples and acne.
3. Helps balance pH level, maintaining the right oil content by regulating sebum production.
4. It helps remove toxins from the skin, and also prevents wrinkles from appearing on the face.
Mix 1 part ACV and 2-3 parts distilled water.
Swap the water with green tea/rose water/aloe vera juice/witch hazel.
Parsley was often used as a medicinal plant in ancient civilizations. And it’s no wonder when you consider its components. A single tablespoon of parsley can provide you with 554% of your daily recommended Vitamin K intake. In addition to that, it’s also rich in Vitamins C and A, and minerals such as Iron and Calcium. It has various skin benefits.
1. The beta-carotene content helps enhance skin elasticity and fight wrinkles.
2. Vitamin C and Vitamin K have antioxidant properties which can help reduce dark circles and puffiness of eyes.
3. It has antibacterial properties which can help treat pimples and acne.
4. Vitamin C helps in skin cell regeneration which makes the skin radiant and free of blemishes.
5. According to a study, it can help regulate oil production, making it good for oily skin.
You can make:
Parsley + Cucumber + Mint + Apple Cider Vinegar
Blend and strain the ingredients. Add the ACV.
Tea Tree Oil is an essential oil made from the Melaleuca tree in Australia. Tea Tree oil has a lot of anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
1. Tea Tree oil is antibacterial and can help get rid of acne.
2. Tea Tree oil has anti-inflammatory properties which can help soothe the irritation caused by psoriasis, a disease in which the skin gets inflamed due to dead skin cell build up.
3. The antiseptic properties can help soothe the rashes and itchiness caused by Eczema.
Pour distilled water into a container and add a few drops of Tea Tree Oil.
Cucumber is a popular food product used for treatment of the skin and eyes. It’s particularly good for skin hydration as it is composed of 95% water. It’s rich in vitamins A, E, K, all of which have strong antioxidant properties, making it ideal for skin treatment.
1. According to the Journal of Aging Research & Clinical Practice, cucumber is highly alkaline which helps counterbalance the skin’s acidity, preventing dryness and wrinkles.
2. It’s ideal for detoxifying the skin, and this is why cucumber slices are often used on eyes to reduce puffiness.
3. Minerals such as manganese and potassium help reduce signs of aging such as wrinkles and acne.
Blend the cucumber and strain.
You can make:
Rosewater + Cucumber
Cucumber + Green tea + Lime
Cucumber + Mint
Cucumber + Aloe
Mint is a scented herb used in many ways because of its health benefits. It’s rich in Vitamins A and C, and minerals such as potassium, calcium, and others. According to the Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, it has many therapeutic benefits.
1. The anti-inflammatory properties of mint help soothe itchy, irritated, and dry skin.
2. Mint on the skin helps remove dead skin cells, enhancing skin cell regeneration, thus making the skin more radiant and healthy.
3. Mint is also beneficial for getting rid of blackheads and pimples.
4. The vitamin A content can help regulate sebum production of the skin, reducing oiliness.
Boil the water and add mint leaves. Cook for 5 minutes, let it cool, then strain and refrigerate.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Aloe Vera is derived from a cactus plant, and it was referred to as the “plant of immortality” by ancient Egyptians for its various health benefits. Aloe Vera is 99% water along with a strong concentration of components such as vitamins A, C, and E, and other minerals as well.
1. According to the Indian Journal of Dermatology, Aloe Vera has vitamins with strong antioxidant properties that can help keep the skin firm and prevent signs of aging.
2. In addition to that, it can help reduce inflammation of the skin, and treats acne and other skin problems.
3. Aloe Vera also leaves the skin hydrated.
You can make:
Aloe Juice + Vitamin E + Glycerin + Any Oil e.g Jojoba/Almond/Rosehip/Tea Tree
Aloe Rose Toner
Aloe + Rosewater + Rosehip oil.
Grapefruit is a great skin care ingredient which boasts a lot of antioxidants, vitamins C and A, potassium, and fiber content. In fact, it’s so rich in Vitamin C that 4 inches of grapefruit can provide you with 73% of the Vitamin C you need in a day. It has several benefits.
1. Vitamin C helps protect the skin from UV rays of the sun and other pollutants in the atmosphere. It also helps produce collagen. This keeps the skin smooth and firm.
2. The antioxidants help bring softness to the skin and enhances skin cell regeneration.
3. The potassium is a great mineral when it comes to smoothing out wrinkles and prevent aging.
Fill a container with distilled water and add a few drops of grapefruit essential oil. Shake.
Chamomile Tea has a really strong concentration of Vitamin A, and minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium. Chamomile is also rich in anti-microbial and antioxidant qualities, and it contains substances called flavonoids that are beneficial for skin and health. According to a study conducted on this herbal medicine, it was found that it has a bright future in dermatology.
1. Chamomile oil can be used to cure Acne and Eczema. This is because the antioxidant properties help soothe irritation and inflammation.
2. Chamomile Oil helps hydrate the skin, thus making it more radiant.
3. It also helps get rid of blemishes of the skin, and regenerate skin cells
Make chamomile tea, brew for a few minutes and let it cool.
Studies have shown that citrus fruit peels are actually the most beneficial and healthy parts of citrus fruits. Orange Peel, in particular, contains a major chunk of all the minerals and vitamins in the fruit. It’s rich in vitamins and essential minerals.
1. The vitamin C content is a great antioxidant, and it helps fight acne and other blemishes.
2. Minerals like calcium and magnesium hydrate the skin and facilitate skin cell regeneration. This adds a youthful glow to the skin.
Boil the orange peel and let it cool. Separate the peels from the water and pour the water into a container.
Add Vitamin E
Sweet Orange Toner
Add a few drops of sweet orange and tea tree oil.
Orange Rose Toner
Combine with rose water.
Sea Salt is a great means of ensuring skin health because our body comprises the same minerals found in sea water. Sea salt can ally with our skin and body seamlessly. It is rich in minerals such as magnesium, sodium, calcium, zinc, and Vitamin B12. In fact, research has been conducted which shows how bathing in sea salt has various skin health benefits.
1. It has anti-inflammatory properties which makes it ideal to soothe irritated skin and inflammation.
2. It can hydrate the skin, balance acid in the body, and regulate sebum production. This is essential for oily skin.
3. It has anti-microbial properties that can help cleanse pores, thus preventing bacterial growth and acne.
4. It helps in the regeneration of skin cells. Thus it acts as a natural exfoliant.
Add a tablespoon of sea salt, fill with distilled water and stir and shake.
Green Tea has a strong level of antioxidant components in it, which renders it into a superfood. In addition to amino and folic acid, green tea also has a strong concentration of Vitamins B2, and C. It is commonly known to have great dermatological benefits.
1. According to a study in Journal of the American Medical Association Dermatology, green tea is rich in anti-inflammatory components, which makes it ideal for treatment of skin problems such as rashes, acne, pimples, etc.
2. The antioxidant properties and the catechins help in skin cell regeneration according to research by the Medical College Of Georgia. This helps prevent wrinkles and signs of aging.
3. It regulates the production of sebum, and it shrinks pores of the skin, which makes it useful to treat oily skin.
Make green tea and let it cool. Pour in a container.
You can make:
Boil water with basil leaves, simmer for a few minutes, let it cool. Strain water.
Coconut Water comprises 94% of water. However, the remaining 6% is highly concentrated in Vitamin B, potassium, and other amino acids and electrolytes. It has been proven through research to have a many great skin health benefits.
1. It contains lauric acid, a powerful anti-microbial component, and it can protect the skin from
infections. Thus, it promotes skin cell regeneration and fights signs of aging like wrinkles.
2. Applying it on the skin helps fight acne and other blemishes.
3. It hydrates the skin and minimizes skin pores, in addition to maintaining an ideal pH balance
on the skin. This adds a glow to the skin.
You can make:
Coconut Water + Aloe Vera + Oil, e.g. Almond, Jojoba, Olive, Avocado
Blend the coconut water and aloe vera and add an oil.
Coconut Rose Toner
Combine coconut water and rosewater.